Ichiran is a ramen restaurant that operates mainly in Fukuoka Prefecture. Ichiran's signature dish is Ichiran Ramen, a pork bone broth with a secret sauce, which is popular for its rich, thick broth.
In addition, Ichiran boils the noodles after receiving an order, so they are made quickly and the noodles are known for being slippery and very tasty. The restaurant has both counter and table seating, allowing customers to eat alone or with friends and family.
Ichiran has stores all over Japan, including Fukuoka, Tokyo, Osaka, and Hokkaido. When you travel to Japan, be sure to try Ichiran Ramen at Ichiran.
Ichiran's History and Secrets of Popularity
Ichiran Ramen is a nationwide ramen chain centered in Hakata City, Fukuoka Prefecture, and is one of Kyushu's representative pork bone ramen restaurants. Tonkotsu ramen is a common style of ramen in the Hakata area, characterized by a thick, cloudy soup made by simmering pork bones for a long time.
The first feature of the restaurant is its private room-style store design. Only counter seats are available to ensure privacy while dining. The design was adapted to the era of the coronavirus, which was never expected. In addition, orders are placed by filling out and submitting a special form, which allows you to specify in detail your favorite ingredients, soup thickness, noodle firmness, and so on. The style is interesting in that the waiter bows and delivers the order without showing his face.
The main feature of tonkotsu ramen is the pork bone broth made using a proprietary process. Ichiran adds Ichiran's secret seasoning "Ichiran-no-tare" to the pork bone broth, which is simmered for a long time to achieve a well-balanced flavor. Ichiran's unique thin noodles are also used, which are characterized by their crispy texture. Ingredients include chashu pork, nori (seaweed), green onion, and a half-boiled egg if desired. The "red secret sauce" originated at Ichiran. Ichiran is the originator of the red sauce that is often seen floating in the middle of bowls of ramen both in Japan and abroad.
Ichiran's unique style of restaurant design, its carefully selected pork bone broth, and the texture of its thin noodles have made it increasingly popular both in Japan and abroad, and it is one of the most representative styles of ramen in Japan's ramen culture. In its stores in Japan, there is a constant line of foreigners waiting in line.
Where can I buy Ichiran ramen? Can I buy it online?
At WAFUU JAPAN, you can order Ichiran ramen online. Many people now eat at home, and it is nice to be able to enjoy Ichiran's ramen in your own home. Ichiran's ramen is also characterized by its soup, which is carefully simmered for a long time, and its firm noodles. We are glad that you can enjoy the taste of Ichiran's ramen at home, so order Ichiran's ramen at WAFUU JAPAN and enjoy the delicious ramen at home.
If you want to eat at a real store, World Edition Map
Below is a partial list of Ichiran Ramen's overseas locations outside of Japan. They are introduced in bullet points.
- NY Times Square Store: 152 West 49th Street, New York, NY, United States
- NY Brooklyn Store: 374 Johnson Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11206
- NY Midtown West Store: 132 West 31st Street New York, NY 10001
- Hong Kong Causeway Bay Store: Shop F-I, G/F, Lockhart Building A, 440 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui Store: Shop B, Basement, 8 Minden Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Taiwan Taipei Main Store: No. 97 Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City
- Taiwan Taipei Main Store Annex: B1, No. 11 Songshou Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City 407024 (Shin Kong Mitsukoshi A11)
- Taiwan Taichung Chaofu Store: 407024 No. 2 Chaofu Road, Xitun District, Taichung City, 2F
List of stores in Japan
- Nanokawa Store - Birthplace Store
2-2-10 Nanokawa, Minami-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 815-0081
- Kodo Store - Ramen Barley Noodles
3-2-5 Kodo, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 819-0001
- Tenjin Store
1-10-20 Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 810-0001, B2F
* Inside Tenjin Business Center "Inachika"
- Canal City Hakata Store - Kama Dare Tonkotsu
1-2-22 Sumiyoshi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 812-0018, Canal City Hakata North Building B1F
- Hakata Store (inside Sun Plaza Underground Mall)
2-2-1 Hakata Ekimae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 812-0011, Fukuoka Center Building B2F
- Ichiran Headquarters Main Store
5-3-2 Nakasu, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 810-0801
- Tenjin Nishidori Store - Kama Dare Tonkotsu
2-1-57 Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 810-0041
- Fukuoka Airport Store
778-1 Oaza Shimousui, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka 812-0003, Fukuoka Airport Domestic Terminal Building 2F (inside boarding gate)
- Ichiran no Mori Itoshima Store
256-10 Shima Matsunaga, Itoshima City, Fukuoka 819-1306
- Dazaifu Store - Ramen Barley Noodles
3-1-30 Mukozano, Dazaifu City, Fukuoka 818-0135
- Dazaifu Sando Store - Pass Ramen
2-6-2 Zaifu, Dazaifu City, Fukuoka 818-0117
- Shingu Store
815-1 Harakami, Shingu-cho, Kasuya-gun, Fukuoka 811-0101
- Koga SA Store (downhill) - Ramen Barley Noodles
1100 Komezano, Koga City, Fukuoka 811-3122
- Kokura Store
1-3-23 Uomachi, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka 802-0006
- Hikino Store
2-6-2 Hikino, Yahata Nishi-ku, Kitakyushu City, Fukuoka 806-0067
- Oita Benten Store
3-5-1 Benten, Oita City, Oita 870-0017
- Kumamoto Shimodori Store
1-8-22 Shimotori, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto City, Kumamoto 860-0807
- Nagasaki Hamanomachi Store
6-27 Hamanomachi, Nagasaki City, Nagasaki 850-0853
- Kagoshima Chuo Station Store
1-1 Chuo, Kagoshima City, Kagoshima 890-0053
- Miyazaki Ekimae Store
3-5-1 Ekimae, Miyazaki City, Miyazaki 880-0805